CraftBoston Show Manager
The Craft Boston Show Manager oversees planning and preparations for the SA+C biennial CraftBoston shows under the direct supervision of the SA+C Deputy Director which involves the following responsibilities:
- Create, manage and oversee the Craft Boston operating budget.
- Collaborate with the Craft Boston Steering Committee to plan and execute previews and special events.
- Maintain organized and accurate records.
- Interview, hire, and manage interns to fill Craft Boston Assistants positions.
- Track deposits and booth payments.
- Negotiate contracts with venues, vendors, decorators, security personnel, cleaning services, caterers, shippers, hotels, etc.
- Secure documents required by venue/city/state regulations, including insurance, permits, waivers, etc.
- Design floor plan that complies with safety, fire, and accessibility regulations and ensures a positive guest experience while accommodating exhibitor booth size/price constraints.
- Oversee the development and facilitation of a marketing budget and strategy in collaboration with Marketing + Communications team.
- Design and supervise the design of CraftBoston-related marketing materials, such as postcards, show programs, paper tickets, posters, banners, ads, etc.
- Maintain the online artist directory.
- Work with Marketing and Development staff to compile up-to-date and targeted mailing lists for print and digital communications.
Exhibitor Management/Client Relationships
- Select and invite jurors to score artist applications annually.
- Work with third-party jurying service to set up online application.
- Keep artists notified of application status.
- Research and select artists for Director’s Invitation.
- Serve as the primary contact for over 250 exhibitors yearly.
- Disseminate forms and logistical information to exhibitors in a timely manner.
- Prepare on-site show materials for exhibitors
- Prepare on-site show materials for staff operations.
Show Management - Supervise all on-site show operations to ensure a successful show.
- Coordinate on-site exhibitor load-in.
- Coordinate Host Program, matching artists with volunteer hosts.
- Hire contracted show staff and supervise volunteer coordination.
- Supervise and delegate tasks to all staff, interns, and volunteers at show site.
- Train volunteers.
- Work with vendors to ensure floor plan is accurately executed.
- Coordinate with vendors to meet AV needs.
- Manage educational programming including an artist mentor program, lecture series, tours, school/non-profit booths, and awards program.
- Implement opening-night fundraising events.
- Recruit and establish relationships with potential collaborators including artists, like-minded institutions, guilds, non-profits, etc.
This position reports to: SA+C Deputy Director
This is a full-time position with benefits.