Marketing Internship Spring/Summer 2019
The Internship Program was developed in 2001 to provide internships to undergraduate and graduate students seeking to learn about and contribute to the exciting field of contemporary crafts.The Marketing Intern will work 16-24 hours/week under the guidance of the Marketing Manager. Primary responsibilities will focus on assisting in the marketing needs of all facets of the organization, including exhibitions, CraftBoston, fundraising, retail, and institutional awareness.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Assisting in management across all digital platforms, including the website, social media, online calendars, and other resources
• Assisting in fulfillment of all advertising, including designing, and ensuring artwork is submitted to publications in a timely manner
• Assisting in writing and distribution of press releases, and responding to all press inquiries in a timely and appropriate fashion
• Working across all organizational efforts to maintain a cohesive brand voice, look and style
At the end of the internship, the Marketing Intern will leave with a portfolio of work, both digital and print, and a thorough understanding of the marketing and publicity needs of small, contemporary arts non-profit.
• Current college or graduate student with a relevant field of study, including communications and marketing, art history, design or advertising
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Experience managing social media, websites and other digital platforms
• Some familiarity with InDesign and Photoshop (preferred, but not required)
• Ability to work independently and make necessary decisions when called for
• Experience working in marketing or public relations
• Appreciation and knowledge of contemporary art and craft